Terms of Reference
A Terms of Reference (ToR) is required for every forest management plan in Alberta, and describes the processes that will be followed to create the plan. The goal of the ToR is to clearly describe an efficient process to manage the development of the plan which meets or exceeds its objectives and regulatory requirements and which can be promptly approved and implemented.
The ToR contains information such as:
- What chapters the plan will include
- Major milestones that must be met throughout development
- Timelines (goals for when all the pieces should be completed by)
- Roles, responsibilities, and obligations of the different parties involved
- Mechanisms for conflicts of interest and dispute resolution