Engagement opportunities provide a forum for the Companies to present information and gather public input on the development of the Lesser Slave Lake Regional Forest Management Plan. Such opportunities will likely include open houses and booths at trade shows in communities where the level of interest warrants it, and is likely to include the communities where successful open houses have been previously held such as: Slave Lake, Swan Hills and High Prairie. It is anticipated that there will be a number of engagement opportunities throughout plan development at some of the locations. The number and location of engagement opportunities will be finalized as the plan progresses, and will be publicized through news releases, advertisements in local media and through direct contact with interested parties. Content and information to be exchanged at each engagement opportunity will vary as the plan progresses and would include information such forest planning frameworks, plan development milestones, VOITs, areas eligible for harvesting, local interests, and SHS.
Upcoming engagement opportunities:
- The next Slave Lake Forest Public Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting will be held in-person on Thursday, July 29, 2021 in the Medallion Room at the Slave Lake Inn.
- A light supper will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 pm followed by the meeting from 7:00 - 9:00 pm.
- The next Forest Resources Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting will be held in-person on Monday, August 9, 2021 from 1:30-3:30 pm at the Quartly Trucking Conference Room in High Prairie.
The following engagement opportunities have been completed:
- Slave Lake PAC Meeting (November 21, 2019)
- Valleyview Open House (November 13, 2019)
- Swan Hills Open House (November 8, 2019)
- Wabasca Open House (November 7, 2019)
- High Prairie Open House (November 5, 2019)
- Slave Lake Open House (November 4, 2019)
- Slave Lake PAC Meeting (June 13, 2019)
- Wabasca Open House (May 28, 2019)
- Calling Lake Open House (May 27, 2019)
- High Praire Open House (May 23, 2019)
- Slave Lake Open House (May 22, 2019)
- Smith Open House (May 21, 2019)
- Slave Lake Spring Trade Show (May 4 & 5, 2019)
- Swan Hills Open House (April 25, 2019)
- High Prairie Gun & Sportsman Show (April 13 & 14, 2019)
- Slave Lake PAC Meeting (June 21, 2018)
- Slave Lake Open House (May 30, 2018)
- Slave Lake Outdoor Adventure Trade Show (May 4 & 5, 2018)
- Valleyview Open House (April 28, 2018)
- Swan Hills Open House (April 26, 2018)
- High Prairie Gun & Sportsman Show (April 21 & 22, 2018)
Future engagement opportunities will be posted here as they are finalized.